Richard Baugh has practiced law for over thirty years with emphasis on estate planning, estate administration and trusts.
Law Practice Experience
In addition to Richard’s work in the estate area, he also has extensive experience with small business representation and real estate. His estate planning and administration experience includes addressing succession and management issues for small and family owned businesses.
Richard has presented to numerous groups on estate planning issues. He is trained in collaborative law and mediation.
- Member Virginia State Bar
- Harrisonburg-Rockingham County Bar Association (past President)
- Member of Estate Planning and Elder Law Sections of the Virginia State Bar
Community and Civic Involvement
- Harrisonburg City Council (2009 to present) - Served as Vice Mayor and Mayor, Harrisonburg, Virginia,
- Virginia Transportation Safety Board (2010-2012)
- Harrisonburg Planning Commission (2004-2010, 2013)
- Harrisonburg Democratic Committee (past Chair)
- Harrisonburg Baptist Church (Moderator, 2000-present)
- Harrisonburg Lions Club (past President)
- Rockingham Memorial Hospital Foundation Planned Gifts Committee (2002-present)
- Harrisonburg/Rockingham Community Foundation (Board Member, 2006-2012)
Richard is married, has two grown children, and is active in the Harrisonburg Baptist Church.