Hoover Penrod PLC has over 75 years of experience representing buyers and sellers of business assets in diverse transactions – including numerous real estate transactions, asset purchases, business acquisitions, and loans.
We regularly represent businesses as operational entities, routinely advising them on the best way to manage ongoing operations and protect their interests, whether those operations include business acquisitions or other, less dramatic scenarios. We also serve as local counsel for several national companies.
Assisting Privately-Owned Business Enterprises
Our Harrisonburg, Winchester and Staunton business transaction lawyers focus on serving small, privately-owned business enterprises, including start-ups, family owned businesses, mid-to-large sized entities, suppliers and service providers, and affiliates. We can help you develop a sound business strategy and find practical solutions to multi-faceted business problems.
We are experienced in a wide range of transactional work, including:
- Start-up – Enterprise formations, articles and bylaws, shareholder agreements, LLC operating agreements, design of capital structure, etc.
- Finance and capital raising – Asset-based loans, debt and equity, resolving lines of credit, cash flow loans, refinancing, and recapitalizations.
- Business acquisitions – Purchases and sales of businesses (assets and stock), buyouts, management buy-ins, equity incentive plans, joint ventures, franchise agreements, and licensing agreements.
- Enterprise maintenance – Employment litigation prevention, board structure, advisory work, confidentiality agreements, real estate, equipment purchases, vendor agreements and management agreements.
- Exit planning – Split-ups, dissolutions, executive exit, restructuring and workouts, and small-to-midsized enterprise bankruptcy.
Long Term Planning
Our goal is to do more than evaluate more than your immediate needs – we can also develop a plan for maintaining and expanding your business.
To schedule a consultation with one of our Harrisonburg, Winchester and Staunton transactional attorneys, please contact Hoover Penrod PLC or call 540-433-2444. We serve clients throughout Harrisonburg, Staunton, Winchester, and the nearby areas in Virginia.